The purpose of this program is to extend the ministry of and help accomplish the purpose of Fort Johnson Baptist Church by providing loving care, education, and age-appropriate opportunities for the development of each child enrolled to his/her greatest potential – mentally, physically, spiritually, and socially. We accomplish this purpose through classes with low teacher:child ratios, and developmentally appropriate lesson plans that are grounded in Biblical truths and the love of Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord.
The mission of Fort Johnson Christian School is to partner with parents to nurture and establish a strong foundation for each child intellectually, physically, spiritually and socially within a Christ-centered, loving and academically challenging environment.
In order to achieve these goals, we commit to provide:
• A quality weekday early education program built on developmentally appropriate practices.
• Curriculum that is biblically based and includes Bible stories and thoughts appropriate to the child’s level of understanding.
• Staff who profess Christ as Savior and exhibit Christian traits in caring for children and in interaction with families and coworkers.
• Positive guidance for children that encourages problem solving and managing emotions.
• Respect and understanding of others without regard to race, gender, nationality, religion, or background.
• Planned activities that permit each child to progress and enjoy success.
Requirements for Admittance
Children 6 weeks – 4 years of age, as of September 1st, can be placed in the program, as space is available. One goal of our program is to keep the classroom enrollment size small to ensure individual attention
The program operates from 9:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m., Monday through Friday from August until May.
Staff & Curricula
Our teachers are trained according to the latest research in early childhood education. We believe that children learn through play and are “active learners”, that is, they learn best with developmentally appropriate “hands on” activities rather than worksheets, drills, etc. Children in all classes are exposed to all of the following as a regular part of the class curriculum each day: Bible stories and/or thoughts, art, music, dramatic play, science/nature, construction (blocks), manipulatives/math, literacy (books, writing) and gross motor materials and/or activities. Parents will be given regular notice of their child’s class activities.
Community After-School Programs
After school programs are run by private individuals or companies and are not an extension of the preschool. Fees vary by program and must be paid directly to the after- school program, not to the director’s office. If you choose to allow your child to become involved in one or more of these programs, the teacher(s) of the after school program will pick your child up from his/her classroom after school and you will need to pick them up when the class is over.
For more information about the Fort Johnson Christian School please contact Lindsey Henderson at 843-795-3232 x 113 or email at email@example.com.